Sunday, February 6, 2011

Please pray for our Family

Dear Family, Friends & Blog Followers,
My heart has been broken in a million pieces. I have not slept in days. Our family is all coming together to plan this "event". Never in my wildest dreams did I imagine that I would be walking through a room full of caskets to put my sister in. I know that I have been mourning her for over four years, but it is still devastating to go through.
I have been down this exact road so many times already in my life. You would sort of think I would have it down pat. I learned valuable lessons from each loss. But this is still different. I had Stella here for so much more of my life. I know that is a blessing and I am grateful for every second we shared. I just don't know how I will be able to get through my days without hearing her voice. The same voice that I spoke to every single day of my life.
The joy & happiness she brought into our lives is immeasurable.

Our family has asked that in lieu of flowers, you may choose to make a donation in honor of Stella Ciocia-Seifried to the following charities she held dear to her heart. The first, is the Team I started 5 years ago, "Team Grace". We walk for Breast Cancer and my Sissy was on my team this year. She walked on a very chilly day in October, having just received the news that the cancer had spread to several of her organs.

To get to the website, cut & paste this link to your browser. It should guide you directly there.

http://main.acsevents.org/site/TR/MakingStridesAgainstBreastCancer/MSABCFY11Florida?px=2729995&pg=personal&fr_id=28020


The second organization is called "The Smile Train".  Stella's Godson, Danny was born with a cleft lip. This charity raises money for surgical procedures for cleft palate/lip for families who are unable to afford this surgery worldwide. The medical complications associated with cleft lip & palate include the eye, ears & nose regions. Needless to say, the stigma of the physical disfiguration is tremendous.
If you prefer, You may choose to write a check to either of these charities in honor of Stella Ciocia-Seifried to:
"The American Cancer Society"  or "The Smile Train" and mail your donation to my brother Dominick's office:
The address is:

Dominick Ciocia
c/o Gilman Ciocia
500 Portion Road
Suite 4
Lake Ronkonkoma, NY 11779

We will forward your donations to the organizations in her honor.
We will post photos to the blog & through the funeral home soon. Their website is www.branchfh.com.
Thank you so much for your kindness and support.
Love always, Grace


No comments:

Post a Comment