Friday, February 4, 2011

Stella is at peace

Dear Family & Friends,

Many of you already know this from my earlier Facebook post, but sadly, my dear Sissy, Stella Rose passed away this afternoon at approximately 4:45PM. She will always be in our hearts.
Many of you have followed my blog for several weeks now. I plan to keep writing about my Sister.  Today was so difficult.  I haven't slept in what seems like days. I am going to be heading to the airport in a few minutes to pick up my oldest brother, Jim, so I will write more tomorrow.
We have the main details of the Services. The Services for Stella will be held at "The Branch" Funeral Home, located at 190 E. Main Street, Smithtown NY on Monday from 2-4PM and then an evening visitation from 7-9PM. Her Funeral will be at St. Joseph's on Church St. in Kings Park on Tuesday morning. The website for the Funeral Home is : www.branchfh.com
We will have photos/info on the website soon.
Our Family would like to request that in lieu of flowers, you may choose to make a donation in Stella's name to either of the following organizations: The American Cancer Society "Making Strides Against Breast Cancer" (This is an organization that is very dear to our hearts. I have been a Team Leader for 5 years and Stella was on my Team. Please specify "Hillsborough County/Team Grace" on your donation.
The second option is called "The Smile Train." My nephew, Danny (Dom & Kathleen's son) was born with a cleft lip. He is Stella's Godson. Thank you so much.
I will have website links to these organizations in the next day or so.
Thank you all so much for your love and continued prayers.
Love always, Grace

5 comments:

  1. Grace- Stella is in our hearts forever. You were very lucky to have such a special sister and may all the good memories help get you through this tough time. She is finally free from pain and in the comfort of your parents arms. My thoughts and prayers are with you and your family. ~Donna

    ReplyDelete
  2. Stella,

    God saw you getting tired
    and a cure was not meant to be,
    So he put his arms around you
    and whispered "Come to Me".
    With tearful eyes we watched you,
    as we saw you pass away.
    Although we loved you deeply,
    we could not make you stay.
    Your Golden Heart stopped beating,
    hard working hands at rest.
    God broke our hearts to prove to us,
    He only takes the best.

    ReplyDelete
  3. The Lord is my Shepherd,..

    The Lord is my Shepherd; I shall not want.
    He maketh me to lie down in green pastures:
    He leadeth me beside the still waters.
    He restoreth my soul:
    He leadeth me in the paths of righteousness for His name' sake.

    Yea, though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death,
    I will fear no evil: For thou art with me;
    Thy rod and thy staff, they comfort me.
    Thou preparest a table before me in the presence of mine enemies;
    Thou annointest my head with oil; My cup runneth over.

    Surely goodness and mercy shall follow me all the days of my life,
    and I will dwell in the House of the Lord forever.

    Amen.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I don't know you, but I know what you are going through. My beautiful sister-in-law, age 58 passed away from breast cancer on Jan 16th. Her memorial was at the Branch Funeral Home too. I saw your beautiful sister and I just wanted to let you know how sorry I am. They both were way to long to die. I hope one day we will find a cure for cancer, so no family will have to go through what we did. God Bless
    Maureen

    ReplyDelete