Wednesday, February 2, 2011

Somewhere Over the Rainbow

Dear Family & Friends,


     Last night Stella did not sleep well and this morning she was very tired.  She didn't get out of bed until almost Noon. I sat beside her all morning and held her hand. Her voice is still raspy from all of the coughing.  She told me that she thought she sounded like Lauren Bacall. Then she quoted her from one of her movies. She said, "You know how to whistle."
     I grabbed my laptop & typed in the quote on You Tube. I played the movie clip for her and she was grinning and listening as she watched it so intently. I asked her to name another one of her favorite movies. (I already knew the answer). The Wizard of Oz is high on her list. I can remember watching it with her when we were children. She wanted to hear the Cowardly Lion in the "Shucks, I'm speechless!" scene from that movie. It was great to see how happy it made her.
     Later in the afternoon, I clicked on "I Tunes" & played "Somewhere Over the Rainbow" for her.  She loves that song. She listened and sang along with Judy Garland. Many of you may already know this fact: Stella has a beautiful singing voice. She always sings and knows just about every song. She instilled her love of music in her son. She inherited that gift from our dad.
     Rich brought one of her dogs here today. She hasn't seen her dogs since December 27th. She was so happy to see Oscar. It was a very touching moment for all of us to witness.
    Overall, the day was hard for Stella. She is getting so weak. Kathleen & I agreed that Stella looked very exhausted and it made us both worried.
    I am going to focus on all of the wonderful moments we had today. Thank you so much for the love & prayers. We are all praying for a restful night for Stella.
     Love, Grace
PS: Time now is 10:42PM. Goodnight.

No comments:

Post a Comment