Tuesday, January 11, 2011

"I'll see you when you're in front of me."

Dear Family & Friends,
I didn't sleep at all on Sunday night, anxious about leaving her. When I came down the stairs yesterday morning and went in to see Stella, she was just waking up. She had a restful night & was in good spirits. She got out of bed, wanting to do everything herself. It was so wonderful to see her this way. It made my worries about leaving her a little easier.
I asked her what she wanted for breakfast. She tilted her head...knowing full-well, that I would make her whatever she wanted. She decided on a "dippy" egg. That's what we call an egg that you can dip your bread/toast into. I was thrilled! Protein is what she needs to eat, so that fact that she had a craving for it, made me happy.
She ate the entire egg and some toast and sat with us at the table. She was so much better than the days before. It is clear to me that the power of prayer is working. Our cousins Maria & Mino brought Stella a bottle of Holy Water. I said prayers with her on Sunday night and made the sign of the cross on her forehead with a drop of the water. I asked God to keep watching over my sister & to please not let her be in pain.
On Sunday night, when she was on her way to bed, I asked her when we could go dancing? She stopped for a moment, shook her elbows & hips in a "salsa-type" sway and smiled. It was wonderful!
Our goodbye yesterday was more of me saying that I would be coming back soon. Her standing quote when we say goodbye is, "I'll see you when you're in front of me." I never realized how much these words (which were always said with a chuckle), would bring me so much comfort.
I spoke to her this morning. She was eating breakfast and told me that she had another good night of rest. I told her how much I love her & miss her. I also told her that she has made leaps & bounds since last week when I first saw her in the hospital. She said, "I hope so." Then I asked her to please eat a little bit at every meal, even if it is only two bites and to drink plenty of fluids. I told her that her progress had made it easier for me to leave yesterday and to continue on this good path.
Last week the doctor told us that there would be good days & bad days. I am going to hang onto every good day and keep praying for a miracle.
Yesterday, I told Stella how many people have read my blog & were praying for her. Her face lit up. She was amazed. I have had over 2000 visits to this blog already. Prayers for my Sissy. Thank you.
Love, Grace

2 comments:

  1. Such encouraging news Grace. It's all of those prayers for Stella kicking in! I'll keep them coming!

    ReplyDelete
  2. The power of prayer is amazing! We will keep Stella in our thoughts, prayers and hearts. There are soooo many of us who are praying for her and all her family because we love you.

    ReplyDelete