Sunday, January 16, 2011

Sorry I've been out of touch for a few days

Dear Friends & Family,
The last few days have been difficult for me to sit down and write. I have been going round & round in my mind, trying to understand why this is all happening. I don't really know the answer.
Stella has been having some good days & some that have not been so good. Kathleen & I speak at least twice a day, sometimes more. Kathleen gives me a detailed account of how Stella is doing. I am so grateful that she and my brother are there with Stella.
I speak to my Sissy every day. This morning when I called, her husband answered & said she had a good night sleep. Then, I spoke to her and she told me that she loves me and misses me. I told her I was coming back to see her again soon. I told her about all of the friends that have sent their love & prayers and she was very happy to hear that. I told her that she is very popular. She laughed again and said, "Yeah, right!"
We chatted about my children and how busy their schedules keep me. At the last minute, my husband & I decided to take the girls to the Magic Kingdom yesterday. My friend Gena (from Elwood) and her family were in Orlando. Her son's high school marching band was performing at the Magic Kingdom. I reminded her that the last time I was in Disney, she was with me & that we watched the fireworks together. We were holding hands that night in August, listening to Jiminy Crickett's voice narrating the fireworks display, telling us to "Wish upon a star...".  I told her that I will never forget that night.
Then, she spoke to my youngest daughter and I could hear the happiness in her voice through the phone.  After we said 10 more "I love you's" to each other, we said our goodbyes & hung up the phone.
Every day is worrisome for me, not knowing how Stella will feel. I am praying that she is not in any pain and that she can rest easily. I appreciate all of the prayers you have for my sister and our family. Thank you so much!
Love, Grace

2 comments:

  1. Grace, I know I sound like a broken record(young people don't even know what that is) but all of her friends who can't see Stella are so grateful to you for keeping us posted like this. Please tell Rich and Joey that we are also praying for them, you and the whole family for God to give you the strenght and courage you need during this differcult time. You are an amazing family,and again, if this had to happen, thank God she has all of you to be with her. God Bless you all.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Grace, Thank you for keeping all of us posted. I am sorry we can't see Stella.Tell her we love her. Sandy and Tony

    ReplyDelete