Friday, January 7, 2011

RE: Stella is coming home

Dear Friends & Family,
     I just left the hospital. Stella will be arriving at our brother's home any moment. She was very tired this morning and just wanted to sleep. The Hospice nurse told me that she will have good days & bad days. Our oldest brother just arrived from Florida, so we will all be here when she comes. My siblings and I haven't been together since 2009.
My nephews & nieces are here, too. My niece made her a 'Welcome Home" sign. My sister is known as "Aunt Nelly" by all the kids. She has special names for all the kids. They adore her. She has created a special bond with each one of them. She knows special things about each one of them. She is a Godmother to so many children that I have lost count.
    I want to thank all of the nurses at Huntington Hospital that have shown so much kindness to my sister & our family. They have gone above & beyond the call of duty and offered much needed emotional support to me this week. I am truly grateful to them.
    Thank you all so much for your love & prayers for our family.
 Love, Grace

2 comments:

  1. So glad Stella will be going "home" to be with her family. Continued thoughts and prayers to you all.

    xo
    Jackie P

    ReplyDelete
  2. We want to believe the world is understandable. That life is fair. That things make sense. We want to believe that if we’re careful enough, work hard enough, try hard enough; we and those we love will be safe from anything bad. It’s one of the biggest questions humans wrestle with – why things sometimes aren’t fair. But even though we don’t always have a neat answer to why things happen, we do have each other… and we have our faith. Just a simple kind of faith that somehow, someday, suffering will end, good will be rewarded, love will endure, pain will be forgotten, light will scatter darkness, and out spirits will go on.

    I love you Stella.

    ReplyDelete