Friday, January 7, 2011

My sister is a bulldog

I will never forget the highest compliment my sister paid me yesterday. When my husband called to speak with her, she was very tired and didn't really want to take the phone. I told her that he just wanted to say hi. When they talked, she immediately started laughing and told him, "My sister is a bulldog! She is on top of me and makes sure I am getting everything I need." They laughed and she thanked him for "letting" me be with her. Then he told her a few wonderful memories he has of her and that he loved her so much. She gave me the phone and smiled again and told me she was glad I was there to take care of her.
My goal yesterday was to get her into the shower. You always feel better. So with the help of the nurses, we accomplished that. She felt so much better. Her hair in long and curly and she looked like Glenda the Good Witch from The Wizard of Oz. I told her she looked beautiful and I could tell she believed me.
I love her so much and told her about 500 times. She always smiles and kisses me and tells me she loves me too or she raises her eyebrows and asks, "Really?" and we both laugh.
Please continue your prayers and please say a special prayer for her husband and son, too.
Love, Grace

7 comments:

  1. Gracie,

    You are amazing and you're both so lucky to have each other. Reading your blogs are amazing and makes me cherish the wonderful relationship I have with my brother and as we've gotten older, it's gotten stronger. Prayers for Stella, her husband, son and everyone else. A huge hug to you....

    Love,
    Jackie, (Glenn, Em and Maddie, too)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love when Aunt Nelly says "really" when you tell her u love her... too funny.... it makes me smile bc i can see her face when she does it....

    Love her and miss her and am so happy you are there and able to keep me in the loop!

    Love,
    Melly (or as aunt stella sings, mellaluna!)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh Grace! That post made me smile. I know how much you love to "talk" and I could just see your persistent love for your sister. What great memories you are making. And yes, you have a pretty awesome hubby who holds down the fort while you get to spend such quality time with Stella.

    Praying for all of you!

    BTW, I have many, many friends and prayer groups lifting you all up. God's gates are being stormed, my friend.

    Love and hugs sent to both of you...

    Ohilda

    ReplyDelete
  4. You guys are really amazing - of course we'll hold you in our hearts and prayers!

    hugs - prayers - and peace....

    aus and co.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Grace you are a really wonderful and special sister and human being. I will keep all of you in my thoughts and prayers.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Grace, thank you for posting this blog for your sister, Stella. I know Stella from work and she is a very special person. A sister's bond is a special bond that no one can take away. Know that Stella is in God's loving hands. I will be praying for you, Stella and family.

    Love and hugs to you both
    Rosi

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great idea for a blog Grace ! The Good Witch of the North ! Love it.

    Cindy

    ReplyDelete