Thursday, January 6, 2011

Prayers for Stella

Dear Friends & Family,
I am sitting beside her and she is resting. She is on heavy pain medication. Every so often she wakes up and asks me, "Are we going yet?" or "Don't I have somewhere to go?" Her confusion is due to all the pain meds she is on. I am grateful that she is not in any pain.
She will be leaving the hospital in the next day or so & will be moved to our brother's home. Initially, she was supposed to go directly to a Hospice facility, but she said wants to go "home". We will all come together as a family to be by her side and make her as comfortable as possible.
Her illness began over 4 years ago and the tough battle she has fought has been very hard. She has been so private about her illness and we have often argued about that fact. As you can see, I am a talker. I learned through my own breast cancer diagnosis that people really do want to help. I kept telling her that the more people you tell, the more people you will have praying for you. She just doesn't want pity. I think she believes that it will all go away if she doesn't talk about it. I am going against her now by writing this, but my heart is telling me to do it. Our mother battled cancer and lost her fight when I was only 17. I remembered that people came & offered to help and called every day. I am selfish, I know. I want her to have as many people praying for her as possible. Thank you all so much for the support.
Love, Grace

9 comments:

  1. I dont think you are selfish at all. I have a sister who is 7 years older than me also. She is my best friend and i cant imagine life without her in it. I just always assume she will be there to grow old with and share memories with but i guess nothing in life is a given. Im so sorry Stella is going through this and that you have to lose another person to this horrible disease. It isnt fair. I think what you did with the gift that Stella gave you was one of the bravest most unselfish things anyone could do. Having preventive surgery was a gift you passed on to your girls. I admire you deeply for that. I hope you know we are thinking and praying for you guys. Love you! Tracy M.

    ReplyDelete
  2. My prayers continue for Stella, you and your whole family today, Grace. God is holding you tenderly and close. May you be filled with peace at this sorrowful time.

    In Jesus' Name,
    Teresa

    ReplyDelete
  3. Just want to say that I am lifting You and your Sweet Sister up to the King of Kings. I Love You ~ Jo

    ReplyDelete
  4. Grace,
    I don't even know what to say.............
    You have all become such a HUGE part of my life and family and I can't imagine what you are going thru. Please know that you are all loved soooo deeply and We will be here for you and your family.
    Please give Stella Big hugs and kisses from me and tell her I love her. Her laughter and smiles brightened my days with her.
    love you all,
    Stacy

    ReplyDelete
  5. Praying for your sissy, Stella.I found my birth sister 12 years ago. We have missed each other our whole lives. We are so much alike it is scary. I know how very much you love your sister. May God hold you all in the palm of His hand and may you get to share with your sister how much and how deep is God's love for her.

    ReplyDelete
  6. My mom will be praying for Stella tonight with her rosary group. I can't begin to tell you how much we love "cousin" Stella and she will be the focus of our thoughts and prayers. Thank you for keeping us updated.
    Grace

    ReplyDelete
  7. Keeping you and your dear sister in prayer.
    Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Praying that God's love, mercy, and healing will surround Stella and your family.

    ReplyDelete