Sunday, January 9, 2011

Treasure your sister

Dear Family & Friends,

This past year Stella and I spent so much time together. Every opportunity we had to go on a trip, we did. I am thankful that I didn't wait or postpone these trips. We saw each other almost every month in 2010 & sometimes twice in the same month. We made the most wonderful memories. Many of you followed our "escapades" on Facebook. Many people didn't know how ill she was. She hid it well. All along, it was breaking my heart, knowing that each moment was a gift.
I will have to head back home to my family tomorrow evening. I am struggling with leaving. I know that when I say goodbye it may be the last time I get to see Stella. I don't want her to suffer anymore. She has been through so much. Her disease is taking its toll on her frail body.
I am trying to focus on all of the good days we spent together. Thank you so much for letting me pour my heart out.
Love, Grace

5 comments:

  1. I can't imagine how torn you are about leaving Stella. My heart breaks for you just reading this. I will continue to pray for Stella and for you. Hugs to you Grace.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Prayers are with you. I can't lie, I can't imagine how hard it will be to leave. Just remember all the happy times and it will make it easier on both of you.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Praising God that you were able to have all those cherished memories. My heart, too, is breaking for you. You know how close my sister and I are and as I read your words, I think about what it would be like if I were losing my sister. There are no words. Sending you many prayers asking God to fill you with peace as you head back home to your family and to fill Stella with His grace and peace when He is ready to sweep her into His loving arms.

    Know that I am here for you always.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Grace, you have been the most wonderful of sisters,Stella is so lucky to have you. I am sure you are torn but your family need you also, and my prays are for you and your whole family and for Stella for God to continue to give you the unbeliable strenght and courage you have all shown up to now. I hope when you can you continue to update us from Flordia, and please tell Stella that all her friends love her and are thinking and praying for her. Have a safe trip home and may God bless you all.

    ReplyDelete
  5. we would be there with you ... but the distance we can only think that the echo of our prayers reach you
    michele from Italy

    ReplyDelete